Title: Social Media Intern
Hiring Company: Clarify Language
Clarify Language (www.clarifylanguage.com) is a Norwegian EdTech company that provides digital dictionaries and translation services to students and teachers all over the world. Our tool encompasses 30 different languages from over 700 reference materials including Merriam-Webster and Collins and can be used on all digital platforms. As a company, our mission is to further dialogues amongst students, professionals, educators, and industry leaders, so that together we can make language learning thrive in the 21st century.
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Application Deadline: No date specified (May 6, 2016)
We are looking for a knowledgeable and enthusiastic Social Media Intern to join our US team here in Austin. This position offers the right candidate an opportunity to work collaboratively with the company’s US Market Developer and contribute in meaningful ways to all aspects of running an internet start-up and educational language-based company.
The internship is part-time (20-30 hours/week; with schedule flexibility and the ability to work independently from home) from May to August. The position is open to current undergraduate and graduate students, as well as early-career professionals. No pay, but possibility for work/study opportunities and joining the team for future paid projects. Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
1) Weekly social media content creation and posting on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn
2) Assisting with YouTube channel content creation, shooting, and editing
3) Assisting with demo’s and events in the Austin area
4) Researching middle school and high school language learning trends
5) Researching potential partners, sponsors, and funders
6) Assisting with Webpage management via Word press
You will be working directly with the head of the US team, who will mentor and advise you in your career goals and resume building strategies. You will get to work out of Capital Factory at least one day a week and be integrated into the Austin Start Up Scene. You will have the opportunity to work with an international company with operations overseas. You will get to go to exciting EdTech events around Austin. The internship is unpaid, but possible paid opportunities will arise as we grow our US team!
The ideal Candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Education, Communications, and/or Marketing/Media related major preferred
- Strong time management & organizational skills
- Ability to work independently (minimal supervision)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms and the current trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- iMovie and video editing experience a major plus
- Working knowledge of Google Drive & Microsoft Office
- Ability to think creatively
- Comfortable working in a rapidly evolving business
Most importantly, we are looking for candidates who are positive, enthusiastic, flexible, and love language learning. We are also looking for an innovative self-starter who is full of ideas and is willing to express them!
How to apply:
Apply on job posting website.