Title: Associate Director
Hiring Company: Dienst + Dotter Antikviteter
Dienst + Dotter Antikviteter offers a highly curated selection of Scandinavian antiques, founded by owner Jill Dienst in 2005. An accomplished art historian, curator and passionate collector, Jill’s formative influences include working at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Didier Aaron furniture and paintings gallery, the design firm of Jacques Granges and a recent project with minimalist architect John Pawson.
Housed in a former warehouse space on Lafayette Street in the Noho neighborhood of New York City, Jill transformed the space with whitewashed walls and natural fir floors to create a pure, meditative shell for her constantly evolving collection of furniture, objects, paintings and lighting. Jill’s passion and discerning eye serve as a starting point – she artfully curates not only Scandinavian antiques, but pieces that speak to her for their purity of form and integrity. She’s a master of skillfully juxtaposing pieces such as a Baroque table with a mid-century chair. Her light hand playfully reminds us that we can and should live with antiques in a fundamentally modern way.
Location: New York, NY, USA
Application Deadline: No date specified (May 6, 2016)
Ideal candidates will be:
Motivated to learn, detail-oriented, highly organized and energetic, with a strong work ethic and excellent time and project management skills. Candidate should be personable, polished, with strong written and communication skills, have ability to grasp things quickly, and maintain composure under pressure.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Focus on sales working in a team-like environment
- Upholding appearance and organization of gallery
- Assisting clients and visitors
- Maintaining knowledge of the gallery’s inventory and represented artists
- Drafting consignment agreements and overseeing that the agreements are upheld
- Assist with marketing and outreach efforts
- Providing administrative and research support to the gallery owner and Director in managing the day-to-day operations of the gallery
- Researching new business opportunities
- Assist in coordinating events
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required.
- Excellent Computer Literacy Related to Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Photoshop
- Outstanding verbal and writing skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and juggle multiple tasks
- Must be discreet and confidential
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: 2 years administrative
How to apply:
Apply on recruitment website.