Title: Language and Culture Teacher
Hiring Company: Concordia Language Villages
About Concordia Language Villages:
Deep in the North Woods of Minnesota, Concordia Language Villages creates a place that is both culturally authentic and uniquely our own. In the Language Villages, everything from the music played to the dishes used in the dining hall reflect the culture each was designed to represent. We are a community of educators from all corners of the globe, passionate about learning every minute of the day. Everyone—from Ph.D-level instructors with years of language-teaching experience, to former Villagers returning as counselors for the first time—brings a unique expertise in language and culture.
Location: Moorhead, MN, USA
Application Deadline: N/A
- Teach assigned high-school credit classes, plan content, and implement and evaluate the plan.
- Ensure each Villager in the assigned credit class has achieved a minimum of 180 hours of instruction and has complied with AdvancED guidelines.
- Write final evaluations of each credit Villager, along with a course summary. These evaluations must be typed and given to the dean or credit facilitator before leaving.
- Keep credit facilitator apprised of Villagers’ progress.
- Work under the direction of the dean or credit facilitator.
- Assume responsibility for residential counseling duties as designated by the dean and participate in the total Village program.
Positions available in 15 languages (Arabic, Chinese, Danish, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Swedish) for Summer 2016 in counseling, teaching, culinary arts and healthcare.
Salary: $1,500.00 – $2,500.00
Type: Contract – Entry Level
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent
- Previous Concordia Language Villages or camping experience, preferred
- Experience as a teacher in the target language
- Skills in teaching the target language
- Conversational and written proficiency in the target language
- Work experience with the age group concerned
- Teaching licensure, preferred
How to apply:
Apply on recruitment website. For more information, visit http://www.concordialanguagevillages.org/work-at-the-villages/staff-applications/summer-positions.