Title: Language Specialist – Norwegian
Hiring Company: Booking.com
Company Description: Booking.com, part of the Priceline Group, is the planet’s #1 accommodation site. Headquartered on a beautiful canal in Amsterdam, Booking.com has more than 170 offices worldwide. Our humble, talented staff of over 10,000 drives us forward every day. We love travel, and we work hard to make it easier to book great accommodations in more than 200 destinations. Since its foundation in 1996, Booking.com has been one of the travel sector’s best-kept secrets. Today we’ve got some serious numbers to our name: over a billion guest nights booked and counting, 950,000 room nights booked every 24 hours, 42 languages available and 21 million bookable rooms. We attribute our success to never losing sight of our customer’s needs and remaining true to our mission: to help leisure and business travellers, whatever their budgets, easily discover, book, and enjoy the world’s best places to stay.
Application Deadline: May 6, 2016
Booking.com BV is looking for a Norwegian Language Specialist for our Global Content Department. This is a temporary role, covering for a maternity leave.
In this role you will be responsible for managing the quality of the Norwegian version of the Booking.com products (website, apps, newsletter etc.). Besides being passionate about language and translations, as a Language Specialist you have a strong quality focus which helps you to maintain and continuously improve the quality of our products. You take action accordingly in order to provide our customers with a product at the highest standard of quality.
This full time position will be based in our office in Oslo.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonus. We also offer what is called the “Booking Deal” with competitive benefits.
- Create localized content for the Norwegian market;
- Provide translations from English into Norwegian for website copy, app copy and promotional materials, including newsletters, to appeal to the Norwegian market;
- Maintain the quality of the Norwegian version of Booking.com, including conducting product checks and maintaining language specific tools, such as glossaries and style guides;
- Assist with localization projects in cooperation with other language teams and departments, such as language-based research and data collection and analysis designed to optimize the effectiveness of the website and the service offered to Norwegian customers;
- Freelance management and support, such as evaluating the quality of translations for candidates, quality monitoring of the freelance translations, providing freelancers with consistent feedback.
- Higher education in a relevant field;
- Fluent spoken and written Norwegian skills, accompanied with excellent knowledge of English;
- Experience in translating and/or writing texts;
- Experience in producing localized website content;
- Strong customer focus;
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with computer assisted translations tools;
- Flexibility, accuracy, strong analytical skills and ability to multi-task;
- Pro-active and initiative both independently and in a team;
- Positive attitude;
- Experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry.
How to apply:
Apply via recruitment website.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit both your motivation letter and CV in English. In your motivation letter we would like to understand what inspired you to apply for this position, where you feel you could add value and why you feel this role is a perfect match!