Title: General Project Manager
Hiring Company: Yara International
Yara delivers solutions for sustainable agriculture and the environment. Our fertilizers and crop nutrition programs help produce the food required for the growing world population. Our industrial products and solutions reduce emissions, improve air quality and support safe and efficient operations. Founded in Norway in 1905, Yara has a worldwide presence with sales to 150 countries. Safety is always our top priority.
About the Unit
The Yara IT Project Office (PO) is responsible for managing the IT project portfolio, project management methodology and project execution. Yara IT is seeking an experienced and qualified project manager that has the ability to manage multiple IT projects. The role will require some travel between Oslo and Brussels with the primary base in either Brussels or Oslo. The role will report to the Head of the Project Office.
Application Link: http://yara.com/careers/vacant_positions/?id=17322&langcode=EN
Location: Oslo, Norway or Brussels, Belgium
Application Deadline: 05-05-2016
- Contribute to the development of a good practice project methodology in IT projects
- Manage IT projects
- Plan, coordinate and manage IT projects according to defined methodology
- Perform project risk management
- Perform accurate reporting and good financial stewardship
- Perform active and open communication with stakeholders
- Perform subject matter expertise on project management
Yara IT is accountable for all IT globally within Yara. The vision of Yara IT is to be a valued business partner by providing the right services to meet Yara’s strategic objectives. The focus is on efficient processes, prioritized IT demand and IT supply. The unit works closely with all parts of the central organization as well as with the different business units. Yara IT has over 150 employees worldwide. IT services in Yara are extensively outsourced.
- Bachelors within Business Administration/Engineering/Computer Science. Long relevant experience can compensate for lack of formal education
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certified, or other relevant certification. Strong project management experience in delivering IT projects
- Familiar with balancing cross-functional business initiatives
- Experience of working in a multi-vendor environment and managing projects through 3 rd party vendors.
- Financial analysis and evaluation of IT related initiatives (business case)
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities
- Self-driven and proven capabilities in identifying, initiating and engaging in change activities
- Proven leadership capabilities within project execution. Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Team-player, proactive, adaptable, and enthusiastic
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
How to apply:
Apply via company website.