Title: Documentation Specialist
Hiring Company: Opera Software ASA
At Opera, we make web browsers for desktop computers, mobile phones and tablets, and connected devices such as TVs. Our business also includes mobile advertising services and solutions. Our aim is to give users the best internet experience on any device and any platform. Today, people all over the world can share in the power of the Internet, no matter where they live or how they get online. We believe that participation changes everything. Visit us at http://www.opera.com
Location: Oslo, Norway
Application Deadline: No date specified
Are you an experienced technical writer who’s ready for a new challenge? Want to get your words in front of more than 350 million users worldwide? Opera seeks a clever and creative Documentation Specialist to join our Brand team.
You will play a key role in developing how our web products and services “speak” to our users, with direct input into product strings. You’ll also provide useful documentation that will keep people using our products, so it’s essential that you’re able to translate technical information into language that non-technical users can understand.
Opera offers a positive, fun and international work atmosphere where you can really make a difference!
This is your chance to shape the future of our products and brand – join us at the heart of all things Opera.
- Review and help to shape strings for products and services.
- Produce and maintain end-user and customer materials (including video) for Opera’s products and services.
- Produce internal documentation for Opera’s range of products.
- Produce training documentation for Opera’s internal systems.
- Proofread and copyedit documentation written by other teams.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or similar
- Keen interest in the web and mobile apps
- Some knowledge of web standards (e.g., HTML and CSS)
- Some technical writing experience or training
- A love of language and solid grasp of grammar
- Ability to function and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn quickly and retain information
- Fluency in U.S. English, written and spokenIdeals:
- Knowledge of advanced web technologies and their specifications
- Knowledge of Opera’s products
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working with more than one operating system
Job Type: Full-time
How to apply:
Apply on company website.