Title: Front End Developer
Hiring Company: Meltwater Labs
In 1943, an American aerospace company – Lockheed – gathered their most talented engineers in a dingy hanger and assigned them an unthinkable mission to build the first ever American fighter jet to score a kill in aerial combat. In the years that followed, the Lockheed Advanced Development Program (aka. Skunk Works) developed some of the most famous aircraft designs of all time, including the U-2, the SR-71 Blackbird, the F-117 Nighthawk, and the F-22 Raptor.
In 2013, a Norwegian media intelligence company Meltwater launched their own Skunk Work, called mLabs. mLabs mission is to explore the furthest lands, the darkest areas, for ideas, technologies, and products that will propel Meltwater into becoming the global leader in big data outside of the firewall. To make this transition to new markets, new data types, and new products, a rapidly iterating center of innovation is critical.
Meltwater Group is seeking talented, highly motivated individuals to lead in the creation of products for a new research and development department (Meltwater Labs). As a successful candidate, you will put to use your wealth of experience across many aspects of software engineering. This will include design/architecture, implementation, and testing.
You’ll be working with a young, tight and passionate team who like to get out to Yosemite for a hike, or Pacific for a surf, or Napa for some wine tasting together now and again. We treat our employees with excellent benefits and have a lucrative bonus structure.
Check out our new office located in downtown San Francisco! http://bit.ly/1bgzsN2
Application Link: https://www.dice.com/jobs/detail/RTX1a96f2/4495748?&rx_medium=cpc&CMPID=AG_IN_PD_JS_AV_OG_RC_&utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=Aggregator&utm_campaign=Advocacy_Ongoing&rx_source=Indeed&rx_campaign=Indeed20&rx_group=1474
Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Job Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Application Deadline: None Specified
Meltwater Labs (mLabs) is the innovation (R&D) group at Meltwater. We are a lean team of ninjas who report to the CEO of Meltwater. We are looking for a new team member to lead our front-end engineering efforts on a yet-to-be released 1st generation SaaS application.
- Independently architect and code the front-end of innovative prototypes and new web SaaS applications.
- Innovate using the latest web technologies to create best in class experiences.
- Write quality, well-formed code that serves as the foundation of the front-end.
- Collaborate with back-end engineers and product managers to define requirements and complete features.
- Great communication and team dynamics.
- Experience with modern JS frameworks such as React, Angular, Node, etc.
- Experience programming using RESTful APIs.
- Passion for highly useable and beautiful user interfaces.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup like environment.
- Proficient with Git or similar revision control systems.
- BSc in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5yrs years of front-end software engineering experience.
- Experience building mobile iOS applications.
- Experience in UI design, interest in creating beautiful and useful interfaces.
How to apply:
Apply via company job portal.