Title: Product Manager
Hiring Company: Medtronic
Medtronic (www.medtronic.com), is the global leader in medical technology – alleviating pain, restoring health and extending life for millions of people around the world. Medtronic’s mission is:
To contribute to human welfare by application of biomedical engineering in the research, design, manufacture, and sale of instruments or appliances that alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life.
To direct our growth in the areas of biomedical engineering where we display maximum strength and ability; to gather people and facilities that tend to augment these areas; to continuously build on these areas through education and knowledge assimilation; to avoid participation in areas where we cannot make unique and worthy contributions.
To strive without reserve for the greatest possible reliability and quality in our products; to be the
unsurpassed standard of comparison and to be recognized as a company of dedication, honesty, integrity, and service.
To make a fair profit on current operations to meet our obligations, sustain our growth, and reach our goals.
To recognize the personal worth of employees by providing an employment framework that allows personal satisfaction in work accomplished, security, advancement opportunity, and means to share in the company’s success.
To maintain good citizenship as a company.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Location: Folldal, Hedmark, Norway
Application Deadline: June 3, 2016
We are looking for a Product Manager in Norway for a temporary maternity replacement. You can be based out of Medtronic shared office in Denmark or Norway.
The product manager will have primary responsibility for managing Medtronic’s Diabetes insulin delivery system portfolio. This includes insulin pumps, glucose monitoring, software and consumables product lines. The job entails working closely with the Norwegian sales team, the Regional Marketing NBP team, the Supply Chain operations in Western Europe and the Business Unit headquarters in Switzerland.
For more than 25 years, Medtronic has been a pioneer in diabetes management. Our insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitoring systems allow patients to track and manage their glucose levels all day, every day – helping them lead a full, active life. Our product can help patients improve their diabetes management and lower the risk of long term complications.
- In cooperation with other NBP PM (namely Denmark) and Norwegian Business management team, develop plans for therapy expansion to leverage the Medtronic integrated system
- Responsible for product launch and marketing materials used in the field together
- Prepare product campaigns for the Sales team
- Brochures, power point presentation etc.
- Proof read all materials being translated from English into Norwegian
- Cooperate with colleagues in the Nordics Baltics Poland region (NBP) in developing new marketing materials
- Prepare Education material for the sales team and health care professionals
- Connect with customers on a regular basis to understand market dynamics and needs
- Create product bundles and set country list prices in the system
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Results oriented with good organization and time management skills, including working independently and unsupervised
- Strong Analytical skills
- Able to prioritize, handle multiple tasks and work under pressure
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex concepts and ideas
- Demonstrable ability to build solid relationships with external and internal stakeholders at all levels
- Reliable and positive, with a “Can do” attitude
- Genuine interest in obtaining product and therapy knowledge necessary to perform job related tasks
- Attention to details
Job Qualifications / Experience
- 3 – 4 years of education / university level
- 3 or more years Sales and/or Marketing experience in the medical or pharma industry
- Project management experience
- Business modeling experience – advancedExcel user
- Digital marketing experience and/or interest in digital landscape
- Preferably Product launch experience
- Interest in developing new, innovative markets
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with different characters in the team and in a matrix organization
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in at least 1 Scandinavian language (Swedish, Norwegian or Danish) – preferably Norwegian
- Willing to travel, approx. 30 days a year with overnight stay
- Based out of Medtronic shared office in Copenhagen or Oslo.Other locations might be considered
- Depending on market development new tasks might be added to the job
Please send us your application and resume in English no later than June 3, 2016. We call candidates in for interviews ongoing.
How to apply:
Apply on company website.