Title: Production Development Specialist
Hiring Company: ABB
ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies. Our solutions enable customers to increase efficiency, productivity and quality in their businesses while lowering environmental impact. ABB is always trying to stay ahead in terms of innovation, and many of the technologies that are driving in a modern society, were developed by ABB.
ABB in Norway is part of the worldwide ABB Group, headquartered in Switzerland.
ABB has operations across the country with approximately 2,300 employees and an annual turnover of around 10.8 billion.
ABB has a 100-year long tradition in power and automation technologies and invests substantial resources each year on research and development. Technology, products and systems from ABB are in use worldwide.
Our products and systems provide a more stable power supply and improved utilization of existing energy. Higher energy efficiency is the aim of everything we do. Our solutions contribute to increased productivity and thus increased profitability for our customers.
ABB is the world’s largest supplier of industrial motors and drives, generators for the wind power industry and products and systems to the power grid.
Location: Skien, Telemark, Norway
Application Deadline: No date specified (posted May 19, 2016)
We are looking for a dedicated Production Development Specialist to make sure we optimize the Production organization’s assembly methods, processes and equipment in accordance with business strategies related to quality, efficiency, costs and safety.
- Process improvements in manual and automated processes (method and productivity studies, levelling of assembly lines).
- Develop workstations and assembly lines in cooperation with factory organization.
- Develop assembly equipment (Solid Works).
- Source assembly equipment.
- Project leader and technical responsible when installing new equipment.
- Technical cooperation with other factories within ABB.
- Define the working phase sequence of a new production process in order to achieve the targeted product cost and equipment investment budget. Ensures appropriate production methods, cycle-time, equipment performance, and materials/components in support of production targets.
- Identify and recommend improvement opportunities and implement improvement projects, ensuring adherence to timeframe, quality and cost requirements.
- Ensure the production process complies with the project targets. Approve the design for processes developed internally or externally, and perform final tests with respect to the project.
- Provide support to Production during the internal/external process/equipment start-up, defining action plans and training relevant maintenance and production resources.
- Evaluates new process technologies to improve productivity, quality and cost reduction, defining and leading testing activities, approval criteria and external provider choices.
- B.Sc. Mechanical or Industrialization degree
- Competence in mechatronics and pneumatics/automation will be a benefit
- Fluent in Norwegian and English
- Technical and personal challenges in a positive and innovative environment
- Various and challenging work-task in an international environment
- Flexible working time with balance between office work and travelling world wide
- Enthusiastic colleagues who are eager to share their knowledge with you
- Employee Benefits (cabins and favorable employee agreements)
Please note that in cooperation with Meditor search we conduct a background screening on all candidates that receive an offer of employment in ABB Norway. This to ensure best quality in our recruitment process, according with ABBs company policy.
How to apply:
Apply on recruitment website.
For questions related to the position, please contact Kjetil Andersen, 41603839