Title: Linguistic Reviewer, Music Content
Hiring Company: Welocalize, Inc.
Company Description: Welocalize, Inc., founded in 1997, offers innovative translation and localization solutions helping global brands to grow and reach audiences around the world in more than 157 languages. Our solutions include global localization management, translation, supply chain management, people sourcing, language services and automation tools including MT, testing and staffing solutions and enterprise translation management technologies. With over 600 employees worldwide, Welocalize maintains offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Italy, Germany, Ireland, Romania, Japan and China.
Location: Cupertino, California, United States
Job Type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: None Specified
Welocalize is seeking Linguistic Reviewers for Music Content with backgrounds in various locales/languages to support a client’s needs for their recently launched worldwide music application. The Fortune 100 tech client is looking for candidates with strong editorial, linguistic, and writing skills.
Hours: 8:00am – 4:00pm, Monday – Friday
Work Week: 35 Hours
Start Date: ASAP
- EXTREMELY DETAIL ORIENTED
- Possesses basic computer skills, iOS systems a plus
- Well capable of typing in your native language using a local (English) keyboard
- Able to successfully translate and/or localize English content in to your native language
- Experience in reviewing articles
- Outstanding proofreading skills
- Creative writing skills
- Marketing, journalism, editing, or writing backgrounds are preferred
- Strong functional skills, tech savvy
- Effective multitasking over simultaneous assignments
- Capable of working under pressure and under tight deadlines
- Collaborative; enjoys teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Familiar with streaming music using various platforms such as Pandora and iTunes
- Flexible and willing to learn about new tools and different procedures.
- Exceptional language skills (see language request below)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Translation and localization experience
- Enjoys listening to all genres of music and can potentially write about music without typos
- Ease with using iOS systems
- Extremely detail oriented
- Must have US work authorization
- Must live within 60 miles of Cupertino, CA
- French (France)
- French Canadian
- Traditional Chinese/Cantonese (from Hong Kong)
- Traditional Chinese (from Taiwan)
How to apply: Apply via company job portal.