Title: US Ingestion Engineer
Hiring Company: TIDAL.com
Company Description: TIDAL is an innovative music and entertainment streaming company. Seamless listening across mobile, tablet, desktop and network players. Enjoy lossless music streaming on Apple devices from iPhone, iPad, and iPod to Mac, as well as on PC and Android systems. Plus integration in a wide range of high fidelity network players.
Application Link: http://www.indeed.com/cmp/TIDAL.com/jobs/US-Ingestion-Engineer-49751a5c0d8b4f50?sjdu=QwrRXKrqZ3CNX5W-O9jEvaNfWpjV5nhavTdBuHq53VHgxpRYUxCHpAHMcCcEEUmAOX3hd1eScflgJCNuGPml9DQ2b9Il319ZICwwVIqdchs
Location: New York, New York, United States
Job Type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: None Specified
A tech-savvy, audio-engineer-type person, who’s comfortable working in dbVisualiser, Unix, and with FTP clients. Also, the person would be comfortable running shell scripts and database queries (inserts and updates), and is structured enough to handle the various parts of digital music operations. He/she should also have an above average understanding of different audio and video codecs, containers, and file types. This person would need to be in the Oslo, Norway TIDAL office for at least 4 weeks, so we can get him/her completely up to speed on all the different systems and environments we’re using. We’re continuously upgrading and evolving our platform, so it would be necessary for this person to get close to the heart of the operations in back and front end in order to see the whole picture and be comfortable running content ops from NYC. Someone who is interested in music and tech, knows a thing or two about digital audio and video, and has the curiosity to dive into a pool of database queries and shell scripts.
– Content release US – build and launch exclusive and high profile video and audio content
– Content ops contact for labels in the U.S.
– Content bugs (be able to identify and fix them)
– Synchronize and manage the daily flow of digital content, through deliveries from record labels and content aggregators worldwide.
Skills and Software Knowledge:
– dbVisualiser, SQL, Unix (shell scripting), and FTP client (These languages or tools are all necessary for the job, but training will be given if a candidate is not familiar with them.)
– Digital audio and video handling. Would be great, but not required if candidate had basic digital audio and video knowledge and knew a few of the different codecs, and how they can be best used for streaming audio and video (i.e. having an interest in knowing a few things about mp3 vs aac or the h264 compression tech would be ideal.)
– Basic office skills – word, excel etc.
– Excellent communication skills
- dbVisualiser: 1 year
- SQL: 1 year
- Unix: 1 year
- FTP client: 1 year
How to apply: Apply via recruitment website.