Title: European Language Linguists
Hiring Company: Valbin Corporation
Company Description: Valbin Corporation is a leading language service provider to the government and private sector and is dedicated to delivering superior linguistic, analytical and cultural services to the diplomatic, defense, intelligence and business sectors.
Location: Tysons Corner, VA, United States
Job Type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: None Specified
We are currently seeking well qualified CAT II/III European Language Linguists for several active contracts in the DC Metropolitan Area.
POSITION SUMMARY: The well-qualified candidate who has previously performed as a linguist for the U.S. Government or Military, will perform translation, interpretation, and transcription work at a professional level for a government intelligence agency. Candidates must be able to perform in a formal office setting with a fast-paced environment.
LANGUAGES SOUGHT: Ukrainian and Russian languages required with an additional language skill from among the following: Spanish, Italian, French, German, Dutch, Slovak, Finnish, Norwegian, Danish, Slovenian, Polish, Arabic, or Persian.
JOB LOCATION: DC Metropolitan Area
- Reviewing raw, unfiltered media, including media containing potentially objectionable material.
- Conducting and preparing accurate written gists, translations, and transcriptions of general and technical material.
- Working with various materials consisting of: hand written, typed, audio, video language, hard copies, and electronic format copies.
- Scanning and processing large amounts of material in a foreign language for critical and essential elements of information as defined by the customer.
- Transcription, translation, and interpretation duties.
- MUST have previous document translation experience supporting the U.S. Government Agencies or departments such as the Department of Defense, Department of State, FBI, NSA as a contractor or militaryservice member.
- MUST have an active SECRET, TOP SECRET or TS/SCI security clearance.
- MUST have minimum one year hands on document translation experience from Ukrainian/Russian into English and vice versa. Be willing to relocate to the DC/MD/VA region.
- MUST have ILR level scores of 3 or higher in English and above mentioned target languages: Listening/Speaking, Reading, and Writing.
- 2-3 years’ experience in the U.S. military as a linguist/translator with language training at the Defense Language Institute (DLI).
- PLUS if they have at least 5 years’ experience as a professional linguist.
- PLUS if they have a Bachelor’s Degree; advanced degree preferred with a technological background.
How to apply: Apply via company website. Or visit our online career center at: http://www.valbin.org/careers.html to submit a formal application and enable a complete evaluation of qualifications and eligibility review.