Title: Communications Manager, Nordics
Hiring Company: Google
Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate about their lives as they are about their work.
Location: Oslo, Norway or Copenhagen, Denmark
Application Deadline: No date specified (posted June 22, 2016)
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Copenhagen, Denmark; Oslo, Norway
As a member of the Global Communications and Public Affairs team, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; devise specific communications materials and campaigns based on understanding of journalists’ interests; engage in face-to-face meetings with commentators and other opinion formers; develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns; and counter misinformation that might interfere with our business and ability to serve our users. We’re looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and also via well written, simple blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more.
You’ll come from a PR background, have the ability to communicate about Google effectively, and have an interest in the media. You will also be able to work to tight deadlines and have the organizational skills to manage numerous projects at once – from preparing presentations and written materials that communicate key messages, to cultivating relationships with media outlets and coordinating with colleagues across the globe.
It’s our job to help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders–and our own employees–about the benefits of Google’s products, our distinctive company culture/values, and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. We are looking for quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious people to join the team. To succeed here, you’ll need to be able to combine creativity with the organizational skills to manage numerous different projects to tight deadlines simultaneously, as well as enjoy pitching to all kinds of journalists, bloggers and commentators (we find it hard too!), or producing internal communications and events for our employees. Things happen quickly at Google and to get stuff done here you need to be an enthusiastic team player – a self-starter who can work cross-functionally and isn’t frightened to take risks or try out new ways of doing things.
- Manage Google’s day-to-day relationship with the media in Norway and across the Nordics.
- Be proactive and reactive to consumer and business-to-business media relations.
- Support the team in the execution of Google’s strategic external communications plan.
- Work with the EMEA Communications and Public Affairs team to create and implement imaginative PR campaigns to launch and promote Google products.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Norwegian fluently and idiomatically.
- Extensive experience in B2B and/or B2C communications as well as experience in the technology and/or media sectors.
- Ability to think strategically and to learn quickly.
- A creative imagination capable of promoting new products in an exciting but practical way.
- A team approach to work, and the ability to work under pressure.
- Good attention to detail and a well organized, structured approach to work.
Apply on company website.