Title: Junior Mechanical Engineer
Hiring Company: Danaher Corporation
Company Description: Danaher is a global science and technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life around the world. Our family of world class brands have unparalleled leadership positions in some of the most demanding and attractive industries. Our team of 66,000 associates around the globe is united by the Danaher Business System which serves as our ultimate competitive advantage.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Location: Kongsberg, Buskerud, Norway
Industry: Research & Development
Job Type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: None listed (Posted 7/11/2016)
To strengthen the R&D group, we are seeking a mechanical engineer with a strong focus on Quality and Reliability. You will become a member of our “rapid response team” with a specific focus on re-active and pro-active Customer Defect Tracking and releasing resolutions into the field. The R&D environment is LEAN based, cross functional and international with Kongsberg as the center of knowledge. Might you be the one we are looking for?
We encourage junior mechanical engineers to apply.
Responsibilities And Key Activities
In an R&D environment characterized by the high focus on innovation, quality and on-time-delivery you will be part of a cross functional project team performing research, new product development, test & verification and support of the current product portfolio.
- Analysis of Customer Defects and drive to root cause analysis.
- Resolve quality issues for existing product lines
- Developing concept design in quick iterations, build, test and verify prototypes
- Detail design of mechanical parts and assemblies
- Perform design reviews
- Stay updated on the latest technologies
Qualifications And Professional Knowledge
- Bachelor degree or Master degree in mechanical engineering
- CAD experience, Creo preferred
- Good English skills, both spoken and in writing
- Experience in mechatronics will be well received
- Understanding of Design for Reliability Systems, including Failure Mode Effect Analysis
- Willingness to travel to R&D sites and customers
- Result and quality oriented
- Team spirit
- Solve tasks independently and take responsibilities
- Quick learner
How to apply: Apply via company job portal.