Title: Norwegian Localization Analyst
Hiring Company: Kabam
Company Description: Kabam, Inc. (“Kabam”) creates, develops, and publishes games that are available on mobile devices via its own dedicated channel in the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Amazon Appstore.
Location: San Francisco, CA, United States
Job Type: Contract
Application Deadline: None Specified
Kabam is looking for a native fluent-speaking Norwegian and English Localization Analyst to work on a number of projects within Kabam’s Worldwide Certification Team.
You will work in Kabam’s cohesive studio format that puts you in close contact with other Certification members, QA, software engineers, art, sound, and product teams. Game teams sit in long open table format to encourage conversation and teamwork while developing. You will participate in regular meetings that provide updates on progress and define new priorities.
Day to day:
You will be integral in maintaining a high quality bar across multiple Kabam games. With the top of the line technology we provide, you will help the Certification team to identify linguistic, standards and compatibility issues within pre-release games/features globally.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Test all games for Localization, Compliance and Compatibility
- Follow test cases accurately and test against all games, languages and devices
- Find and log defects clearly with concise description and reproduction steps in the database
- Review product documentation for accuracy, clarity, consistency, completeness and compliance
- Analyze and review discrepancies resulting from executed test
- Assist troubleshooting issues reported by PX and Live Ops
- Update the Certification Knowledge base database
- Collaborate with the Certification team members’ from other regions to quickly identify and communicate risks, roadblocks and other potential challenges.
This role is 6-month contract entry-level position
- Daily catered lunches and dinners
- Tons of snacks, drinks, etc.
Education: College degree preferred
Years Experience: 1- 3 years experience in tech industry
MUST Have Qualifications:
- Strong interest in video/mobile games
- Sharp attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate and identify linguistic issues
- Honesty and a strong work ethic
- Aptitude to learn quickly and effectively
- Ability to remain focused in a team-oriented environment
- A ‘roll up your sleeves’ hands on attitude!
- Experience working with iOS, Android, Windows or Facebook developer requirements desirable
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with game testing, localization and or certification desirable
- Web and mobile game troubleshooting desirable
- Experience and familiarity with multiple gaming platforms and genres desirable
How to apply: Apply via company website.