Title: Language Instructor
Hiring Company: LG-TEK
Company Description: LG-TEK, formerly LinguaLISTek, is a premiere provider of software development and lifecycle support, networking, training, language support, facility planning and security.
Application Link: https://jobs-lg-tek.icims.com/jobs/1175/language-instructor/job?mode=job&iis=Job+Board&iisn=Indeed.com&mobile=false&width=821&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-360&jun1offset=-300
Location: Elkridge, MD, United States
Job Type: Seasonal/Part-Time/No Benefits
Application Deadline: None Specified
Job responsibilities will include teaching a foreign language to English speaking adults, with the goal of the student attaining a pre-defined, testable, skill level associated with the Inter-Agency Language Roundtable (ILR) language proficiency scale. Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to, preparing courseware for each class (including identifying appropriate authentic materials, writing daily syllabi, exercises, etc) and teaching the class within the allocated time frame to reach the documented course objectives for that course.
Acholi, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azeri, Balochi, Basque, Bengali, Berber, Bikol, Brahui, Bulgarian, Chechen, Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese and Wu (Shanghai), Czech, Danish, Dari, Dinka, Divehi, Estonian, Finnish, Fulani, Fuzhou, German, Greek, Guarani, Hakka, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Igbo, Indonesian, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kinyarwanda, Korean, Kirundi, Kurdish, Kyrgyz, Lanna, Lao, Latvian, Lithuanian, Luganda, Malay, Maltese, Maguindanao, Maranao, Marathi, Mongolian, Nahuatl, Norwegian, Oromo, Pampangan, Papiamentu, Pashayi, Pashto (Waziri), Persian Farsi, Polish, Punjabi, Quechua, Romanian, Sindhi, Shan, Shona, Slovenian, Somali, Sotho, Spanish, Swedish, Taechew (Chaozhou), Taiwanese, Tagalog, Tajik, Tamil, Tausug, Telegu, Thai, Tibetan, Tigrinya, Turkman, Uyghur, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Wa, Xhosa, Yoruba, Zulu, and other languages.
- Native language proficiency equivalent to an ILR level 4-5 in the recognized standard form of the language;
- Equivalency to an ILR level 3/3 English speaking skills to effectively explain complex syntactic structures of the foreign language
- Knowledge of the culture and current usage of the foreign language (including grammatical forms and idiomatic expressions)
- Minimum 1,000 hours of classroom experience teaching their native language to adult, English-speaking students
- Ability to address four (4) learning skills (reading, writing, speaking, and listening)
- Experience in developing proficiency-based language training to meet ILR standards for each skill level
- Competence in locating and selecting suitable authentic materials
- Academic credentials in the language are highly desirable.
- All applicants must be legally eligible for employment in the United States.
How to apply: Apply via company job portal.