Title: Scientific Computing Engineer for the Space Industry
Hiring Company: Science [&] Technology AS
Company Description: S[&]T Bridges the R&D Market Gap
At S[&]T, we understand that technology doesn’t solve problems; people do! Our systems-level thinkers know how to use science and technology as a tool to solve complex problems in many domains. By choosing the right tools, and putting them in the right hands, S[&]T builds a bridge from technical capabilities through to market-ready solutions.
Taking the R&D Journey Together
Research and development projects are usually long-term investments in complex systems involving stringent requirements, formalized relationship structures and interfaces, and highly impactful project phases and team scaling. It is important to have an experienced partner that is in it for the long haul. At S[&]T, we are relationship driven, and think not only about the first steps toward partnership, but the long-term win-win-win. We have flexible methods of partnering, and are able to support R&D via projects, personnel and products, depending on which method provides the best solution. Our open communication style and people-driven methods create smooth interfaces and ensure that we are a dependable partner through thick and thin.
Meant to be at S[&]T
At S[&]T, relationships always come first, and we treat our employees like we would like to be treated. We understand that smart people need flexibility, challenging projects, open communication and a motivating career path. If you would like to choose your own adventure when it comes to building a role that is right for you, we are here to support you along the way. Our flat structure and direct connections in a variety of R&D settings provides you with plenty of opportunity, while we also work hard to ensure that we create a fun environment along the way.
Application Link: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/156570279
Location: Forskningsparken, Oslo, Norway
Industry: Defense & Space, Computer Software, and Research
Job Type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: None listed (Posted 7/11/2016)
Description: We are looking for a skilled software engineer (3 or more years of experience) to join our S[&]T team in Norway.
Science [&] Technology AS (S[&]T) is part of the S[&]T Corporation (headquarters in the Netherlands), operating for more than 15 years in project implementations and product developments where science and technology play an important role. Our systems-level thinkers know how to use science and technology as a tool to solve complex problems in many domains. By choosing the right tools, and putting them in the right hands, S[&]T builds a bridge from technical capabilities through to market-ready solutions.
· Integrated environmental monitoring
· Instrument/Sensor simulation & data analysis
· Satellite data processing
· Data mining and event prediction
· Climate change monitoring of the ice sheets
· Simulating the next generation European weather satellite instrument
· Big data processing, cloud processing
· Onboard satellite data processing
Your typical activities
· Integrating previously developed satellite data processors into an operational framework;
· Developing data processing tools for satellite L1 and L2 products;
· Optimization of onboard payload data processing software;
· Facilitating parallelized cloud processing of Earth observation satellite data;
· Opportunity to be involved in European projects in teams of multi-national top scientist & engineers.
· Opportunity to work in a dynamic, high-tech company.
· Opportunity for career growth, wide variety of projects, and responsibility for cutting-edge projects.
Start date: As soon as possible
· You have completed a higher technical education; a preference is given to Computer Science, Informatics or Cybernetics.
· You have a wide background and interest within software development:
– You know object-oriented programming and C/C++.
– You know script-based languages, such as Python.
· You have experience with working with Linux driven systems.
· You are an experienced engineer capable of supporting the full software life cycle of a project, from requirements and design through implementation, testing, and software deployment.
· You are customer and results focused, adhering to professional standards while respecting project deadlines and requirements.
· You can function well in a team, and are able to communicate effectively and clearly (both verbally and in writing) with customers and your team members.
· You have a strong analytical mind that enjoys coming up with novel solutions.
· You are flexible and motivated, in work tasks and approaches.
· You are capable of self-study and quickly acquiring new knowledge or gaining new skills across a wide range of technical areas.
· You are fluent in written and spoken English.
How to apply: Apply via LinkedIn.