Title: Analytical and Technical Savy Report Liaison
Hiring Company: Nielsen
Company Description: Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement. By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit http://www.nielsen.com.
Location: Oslo, Norway
Industry: Information Services
Job Type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: None listed (Posted 7/20/2016)
As Report Liaison in our local Report Center you will be part of a small Nordic team of 4 employees and you will be the one responsible for our local Norwegian clients within the FMCG industry. Your responsibilities will be to ensure great service, support and delivery to our clients in regard to our report products. The job entails a large variety of tasks and requires good project management skills and the ability to work independently.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Identify the clients’ needs for customized reports, provide recommendations and work on a solution within the scope of the available data.
- Design of the client solution, which will require an understanding of the data content and software.
- Translate clients’ needs into a business scope (client understandable) and into a Functional Specification document that report developers, deployment teams and technical leads use to set up the solutions.
- Project Management – drive the full delivery of the agreed solution in order to meet client commitment made upfront (incl. internal coordination of steps in the process etc.).
- Engage with both internal and external clients to ensure a common understanding of needs and a smooth service delivery
- General support, development and problem solving in regard to our report products.
We offer an exciting and challenging job in a large international company with a unique product portfolio. You will be part of a company with high level of competences and friendly and inspiring colleagues in a good working environment in our offices in Oslo. We look forward to welcoming you in a house with a focus on well-being, where the demands and work pace are high and where self-responsibility and cooperation are essential. We look forward to hearing from you.
Qualifications And Professional Knowledge
We are looking for a technical interested candidate with great analytical skills and client facing experience. In more details we are looking for a candidate that:
- Has 2 or more years of working experience and strong business analyzing/reporting skills (market research, FMCG knowledge).
- Has experience with and enjoy a client facing job.
- Can work independently and lead a project from start to end.
- Is self-motivated and can communicate constructively and proactively with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Can manage multiple tasks and has the ability to priorities tasks to be able to meet deadlines.
- Has strong interpersonal skills and the ability to assess client requirements and devise optimal solutions.
- Is an advanced user in Excel and has a general high understanding of and interest for IT software.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (Norwegian or one of the Scandinavian languages is an advantage)
- Has knowledge of and/or experience with Nielsen data (an advantage).
How to apply: Apply via company job portal.