Title: Norwegian Translator – Intern
Hiring Company: Betsson Group
Company Description: Betsson Group offers online gaming products to customers and partners all over the world and aim to deliver the best customer experience in the industry.
We are a dynamic and growing company with around 1780 passionate people of 40 different nationalities. Most of us work in the operational Head Office in Malta but we also have other offices around the world, for example in Stockholm, Tbilisi and Tallinn.
Betsson Group has its roots in Sweden and Betsson AB (Betsson Group’s holding company) is quoted on the Swedish Stock Exchange.
Application Link: http://www.betssongroup.com/job-details/Norwegian-Translator-Intern-374
Location: Malta, MT
Job Type: Internship
Application Deadline: None specified
Description: Betsson Group is looking for a native Norwegian for a 6 month long internship role as a translator for our operations based in our smart and modern office in sunny Malta! For this vacancy you must have excellent written and spoken native Norwegian and have strong command of English.
This internship is ideal for Norwegians who want to learn about the iGaming industry while also enjoying a completely different culture.
As Betsson Group’s operations are expanding rapidly to different markets, we wish to support our copy and translations team with an intern Norwegian translator. The internship role will help out with localizing content which is created for promotions, banners, newsletters, sports, casino and poker in English for the Norwegian market.
The intern will help ensure high quality communications regarding products for their native langauge to existing and potential across all products, websites and brands including, but not limited to, betsson.com, betsafe.com, nordicbet.com and casinoeuro.com.
We offer a fun and challenging role in a multicultural environment. This internship will provide you with a chance to experience the iGaming industry first-hand, as well as learn about translation and localization. For the right person there are many different career paths at Betsson, both if you want to deepen your technical skills or work with leadership in the future.
- Excellent written language skills in Norwegian
- English language skills also a must.
- General IT-knowledge: Internet, Browsers, MS Office
- Excellent typing skills
- No criminal record
- Previous experience working within the copywriting and/or language industry will be considered a bonus
- Experience within the iGaming industry will also be considered a bonus
- Reading through original material and rewriting it in the target language, ensuring that the meaning of the source text is retained
- Use of online specialist dictionaries, thesauruses and reference books to find the closest equivalents for terminology and words used
- Research of industry specific text and phrases to find the correct translation
- Delivery of quality written text within time-pressured deadlines
- Proofreading and editing final translated versions of copy
- Prioritizing work to meet deadlines
- Consulting with product and brand experts
- Maintaining the quality of text across all websites, banners, newsletters and products.
DESIRABLE SKILLS & ABILITIES
We are looking for someone with the ability to write in different styles, preferably with experience in an online marketing environment. Experience of writing sales copy and an interest in online gaming would be beneficial, but is not a must.
- Passionate about language
- Team player, with the ability and wish to work in a multicultural environment
- Proactive attitude, anticipating and resolving tasks
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Organized and detail-oriented
How to apply: Apply now via career site.