Title: IT Support Technician (1st and 2nd line)
Hiring Company: Rambøll
Rambøll is a global society advisor in construction, architecture & planning, transport, energy, water, environment and health, oil & gas and management consulting.
Ever since Børge Rambøll and Johan Hannemann in 1945 established Ramboll in Denmark, the business has been based on a fundamental holistic philosophy. This consciousness of ethical business practices and sustainable development continue to affect our identity and the way we deliver our services.
In Norway we are 1450 employees in 17 offices and internationally, we have a total of 13,000 employees located in 35 countries. Together with our customers seeking Ramboll towards new solutions that balance human and commercial needs. To inspire one another to look beyond the obvious – every day!
Application Link: https://karrierestart.no/ledig-stilling/723461
Location: Oslo, Norway
Industry: Management Consulting, Oil/Gas/Energy/Power, Engineering/Technical
Job Type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: August 10, 2016
Ramboll Global IT is looking for a Support Technician to work mainly in 1st line support, but the work also includes 2nd line tasks. The person will be placed in our Oslo office with regular visits to Drammen, but will assist up to 13 000 Ramboll employees globally. If you have experience with providing support on standard devices and if are you a great team player with a vast service attitude, you might be our new employee.
Your responsibilities as 1st line Support technician
As a Support technician you will be responsible for assisting end-users with identifying, analyzing, resolving and escalating incidents and service requests within appropriate service level agreements.You will provide:
– Support on standard devices such as standard desktop, tablets, phones and other devices in the Ramboll service catalogue.
– Technical and functional support on Ramboll standard applications
– Software, hardware and technical support for all products/ equipment on the current approved list
– Support on devices and for users on a Windows network comprising of Windows PC’s and laptops, Active Directory and Exchange
– Functional support of the authorized software currently used in Ramboll globally
– Installing authorized software to laptops and desktops.
You are familiar with structuring and capturing of content to the knowledge database as well as continually contributing to, and using the knowledge database.
Although you will be located in our Oslo office, your customer base consists of Ramboll employees in various offices in Norway and around the world, and support is provided using a global ticketing system (Service Now) and phone system. Therefore you need to have fluent Norwegian and English skills, and other languages are considered as an advantage.
You will continually improve the effectiveness and efficiency of IT processes and services in Global IT Customer support, live up to the processes and procedures and assigned training as well as maintain user guidelines, procedures, documentation and departmental agreements.
We expect you to carry out any other such duties as may reasonably be required, and some travel is required occasionally.
You will participate as a team member and contribute to the team evolvement. You will act as single point of contact in IT matters towards Ramboll end-users, and handle the first contact using different media (answer calls, online chat, e-mails, in person etc.).
Qualifications And Professional Knowledge
You and your competencies
You have a relevant IT and customer service background preferably with an IT-related degree or equivalent experience. You possess broad knowledge on ”basic” IT technologies/tools/modules and independently complete tasks of medium complexity according to specifications and quality requirements Experience from various engineering tools is considered as an advantage. You are active, and have are interested in working with people and their IT related matters. In addition, you are able to work in a changing and developing organization.
You have experience with the following:
- You have experience in customer service jobs, and are service minded with “we will help you” attitude, and also have the ability to handle difficult user situations and calm when faced with irritated or demanding customer
- You are self-motivated and self-disciplined and able to meet your requirements and deadlines, and work efficiently also under pressure.
- You proactively search for knowledge to be familiar with support-scope on supporting sites and demonstrate basic knowledge of the customers’ business area and pain points.
- It is important that you are able to understand customer’s sense of urgency in order to prioritize tasks.
- Technology: Windows, MS Office, ADSL, network, Mobility- iOS devices, Windows phones, printing devices, according to our internal service catalogue
- ITIL Version 3 foundation certification is considered as an advantage
Join the Ramboll Global IT Customer Service
You will become part of a team providing support to Ramboll offices globally. The department consists of 25 dedicated and trained analysts in seven different countries, who work together in three virtual teams. The global perspective is key, but also a great asset as it will grant you the opportunity to make relations all over the globe.
Working at Ramboll
To work at Ramboll means being part of a people organisation. We are focused on knowledge sharing and collaboration across competence areas and geography, and we aim for a strong diversity among our employees. This enables us to solve a broad range of projects, and we firmly believe that cross-collaboration leads to creative and longstanding solutions. Thus, the possibilities at Ramboll are many and diverse –we invest a lot in development of people and offer career paths tailored for each individual.
How to apply: Apply via company job portal.
If you want to know more about the position, please contact Filip Skogstad in Lederhagen at 011-47-982 40 762.