Title: Linguistic Tester
Hiring Company: TransPerfect
Company Description: TransPerfect Translations, known as “TransPerfect”, is a translation services company based in New York City.
Application Link: http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=413967c54b87cf5d&q=Norwegian&tk=1aoo1fvpj15aoaom&from=ja&alid=573acc4ce4b0f90143dfdefe&utm_source=jobseeker_emails&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=job_alerts
Location: Culver City, CA, US
Industry: Language Services
Job Type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: None Specified
TransPerfect is currently looking for freelance Linguistic Testers whose native languages are Chinese Traditional (Hong Kong) , French (France), French (Canada) , and Norwegian (Norway) to work for a technology company headquartered in Cupertino, California.
The testing will take place in Culver City, California, and the recipient will:
- Produce quality translations from source into target language, maintain consistent style and tone of voice. If requested, transcreate and adapt content so that it is relevant for the local market. Leverage established localization workflow and translation tools.
- Perform quality checks and review localized content on desktop and mobile systems to identify any quality issues such as formatting, functionality, or any issue that may interfere with an optimal customer experience and report defects.
- Establish good relationship with in-country content creators in order to provide constructive feedback and edit/translate content when needed.
- BS/BA and 2+ years of work experience.
- Native speaker of the target language: Chinese Traditional (Hong Kong) , French (France), French (Canada) and Norwegian (Norway). Ability to type in native language with local keyboard.
- Fluency in English language is required in both spoken and written form.
- Proficient in use of productivity software (spreadsheets, word processors, database entry).
- Proven ability to maintain solid focus through many hours of performing repetitive tasks.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills.
- Background in localization, plus a combination of linguistics, music, writing, journalism is highly preferred.
- Background in QA preferred.
- Background/interest in music (jazz, rock, classical) preferred.
- Familiarity with Mac and iOS environment, software, operating systems, services and features preferred.
- Basic editorial experience (translation, editing and proofreading) preferred.
- Tester must pass a linguistic review test.
Please note that this is an on-going on-site full time opportunity. TransPerfect will NOT cover any relocation or travel expenses and candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
How to apply: Apply via job posting website.