Title: Program Finance Coordinator
Hiring Company: Norges Røde Kors (Norwegian Red Cross)
Company Description: The position is placed in the Finance and Administration Unit in the International Department of the Norwegian Red Cross in Oslo. The Unit has 9 employees, and is responsible for ensuring financial and administrative support to Norwegian Red Cross’ 19 regional and country offices abroad, and the department as a whole. The unit has 5 Program Finance Coordinators, each with a specific geographic responsibility. The geographic responsibility of this specific vacancy will be determined based on competencies and experience of the preferred candidate and the rest of the team.
Location: Oslo, Norway
Industry: Finance, Humanitarian Aid
Job Type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: August 15, 2016
The Programme Finance Coordinator is the main contact point at HQ for the NorCross field offices for all issued related to finances of programmes and activities. He/she ensures that the field structure has necessary knowledge and information to manage all funding in a responsible way, by making sure that rules and regulations are available and correctly understood. The Programme Finance Coordinator supports the Regional Finance Manager in the region in quality assuring routines, ensuring streamlined processes and compliance with rules and regulations. He/she ensures that the field staff has the necessary information on budget frames of the Department for the budget process and for application and reporting processes. The Programme Finance Coordinator also supports the other Units in the International Department at HQ in ensuring good financial management of their respective units.
Start-up is as soon as possible, and the vacancy is time limited to 28th February 2018 (18-20 months). Portfolios and tasks might be subject to change during the assignment.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Monitor and report on overall financial management for the region, as well as cash flow and implementation rate for activities.
- Train and support the regional and country offices in ensuring compliance financial tools and guidelines
- Coordination and quality assurance of financial information in applications and reports
- Execute transfers in accordance with approved budgets
- Proactively advise field offices and HQ staff on existing Fraud/corruption Prevention Guidelines
- Follow up external audit processes in the region
- Monitor the functionality of financial systems and procedures at regional and country office level, proactively suggest improvements or possible solutions/training needs
- Conduct financial monitoring/support visits to partners or NorCross field staff
- Financial support in Task Force (when responding to a disaster situation)
We can offer:
- Meaningful, interesting job and great colleagues!
- Salary/benefits according to the Norwegian Red Cross’ salary system and relevant qualifications
- Membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Start-up as soon as possible. Contract end expected 28. February 2018.
- At least Bachelors Degree in Business Management, Accounting, Project management or similar. Four additional years of highly relevant experience can replace this,
- At least two years of experience from project finance management in humanitarian or development oriented organisations with field based offices, preferably NorCross.
- Advanced user of digital financial management tools
- Proactive, systematic and detail oriented working approach
- Proven experince with and ability to perform financial analysis
- Training and experience with detecting corruption and fraud in field based projects
- At least three years of proven experience with financial management of projects and programmes
- Experience from managing ECHO/EU related projects is an advantage
- Fluency in Norwegian and English, orally and written, other languages (Spanish, French, Arabic) are an asset.
How to apply: Apply via company job portal.
Please contact Head of Unit Marte Fremstedal (Tel: 41651133) if you have any questions related to the position.