Title: RF Hardware Applications Engineer
Hiring Company: Texas Instruments
Company Description: Texas Instruments Norway designs, produces and markets high-performance radio frequency integrated circuits (RF ICs) for use in a variety of wireless applications. In TI Norway you will find two product lines; Low Power Connectivity and Bluetooth Smart, and HW R&D. TI Norway employs about 90 people.
Texas Instruments Norway is looking for a skilled, enthusiastic and outgoing RF Hardware Applications Engineer to our Applications team focusing on Bluetooth low energy products.
Applications engineers at Texas Instruments (TI) are technical experts who are focused on leading-edge digital, mixed signal and analog products. We have a strong customer commitment and a great team spirit. If you are looking for an interesting and challenging position with a wide range of exciting responsibilities, you’ve come to the right place.
Location: Oslo, Norway
Industry: Electrical Engineering
Job Type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: None listed (Posted 7/28/2016)
In this position, you’ll work with TI customers to determine their major design challenges and partner with them on creating solutions that focus on ease-of-use and add value to their solution. You may also spend hands-on time in a TI lab tackling problems and delivering innovative development solutions that support our products and drive revenue.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
• Provide technical support to the company’s sales staff and customers, through e-mails, telephone conferences as well as on-site support
• Develops technical documentation including application notes, data sheets, user guides, design notes and white papers
• Provides applications support, making technical presentations and conveys a strong technical knowledge of company products and technologies.
• Internal- and customer training, through training events like FAE summits and TI Tech Days or written materials, like application notes, journal papers, or IEEE papers.
• Creates fully functional demonstration systems
• Creates HW reference designs
• Establish key relationships with the customers
• Support presales activities
• Position requires international traveling
We offer competitive compensation, a learning and development environment and the opportunity to work with teams across the globe.
• BCs or MSc in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
• 3 or more years of relevant experience
• New graduates with outstanding academic results will also be considered
• Board level RF layout experience, including tuning and optimization
• Experience with RF test equipment (e.g. spectrum and network analyzer, load pull system, etc.) and simulation tools (e.g. ADS)
• Embedded C programming skills is an advantage
• Knowledge of wireless protocols such as Bluetooth or ZigBee/IEEE 802.15.4
• Excellent writing and communication skills in English.
• Strong time management skills and the ability to work towards a deadline.
As a person, you are self-motivated, proactive and energetic with an ambitious approach to your assignments. You work with determination and persistence to achieve your goals. You are also flexible, adaptable and enjoy working in an international environment. The position requires a team player with a positive attitude.
How to apply: Apply via company job portal.