Title: Content Analyst
Hiring Company: Bazaarvoice
Company Description: Bazaarvoice is the world’s largest network of active shoppers, connecting more than one-half billion consumers monthly to thousands of retailers and brands that represent tens of millions of products and services. Online, in-store, and on mobile devices, Bazaarvoice’s technology platform engages consumers, increases sales, and protects loyalty through authentic ratings and reviews, Q&A, and brand-relevant photos, videos, and social posts. Interactions across the Bazaarvoice network yield insights on past, present, and future shopping behavior, enabling marketers to identify competitive advantage. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Bazaarvoice has offices in Chicago, London, Munich, New York, Paris, San Francisco, and Singapore.
Application Link: https://careers-bazaarvoice.icims.com/jobs/1426/content-analyst%3a-native-finnish%2c-norwegian%2c-danish%2c-or-swedish-speakers/job?mode=job&iis=Job%2BBoard&iisn=LinkedIn&mobile=false&width=1050&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-360&jun1offset=-300
Location: Austin, TX, US
Job Type: Part-Time
Application Deadline: Aug. 19, 2016
Who We Want
Content Analysts are responsible for screening and assessing user generated content for suitability based on established guidelines. The part-time position entails using web-based applications to read user generated content, and then make decisions about posting the content based upon a set of guidelines. Content analysts are the heart of Bazaarvoice, and ensure that quality, honest, authentic feedback make it to our clients’ websites.
As a work-from-home position, this individual should be independent and capable of making decisions without immediate supervision. Candidates should be responsible, dependable, and able to troubleshoot and problem solve on their own. A large amount of reading is required, so excellent reading comprehension is a must.
Content Analysts will work 16-29 hours per week. They must have 16 set hours each week (4 of those set hours must be between Friday at 4PM CST and 11PM on Sundays). These 16 hours are set and do not change from week to week. Up to an additional 13 hours can be worked anytime during the week (Monday to Sunday) to reach the maximum of 29 hours per week. Native level proficiency in Finnish, Danish, Norwegian, or Swedish required. Preference will be given to Austin-based candidates, as well as candidates willing to work more weekend hours.
Tentative Start Date: September 2016 (we will not follow up with applicants for at least several weeks).
Key Job Responsibilities
- Maintain appropriate failure and character-per-hour rates (To be determined on a quarterly basis according to company needs)
- Attend all required training sessions, teleconferences, and “all-hands” meetings
- Accept and internalize constructive criticism from other team members in a professional manner
- Proactively reach out to the appropriate parties for assistance as needed
- Follow protocol regarding all correspondences and processes with Bazaarvoice employees and contractors
- Communicate and execute in a professional manner congruent with Bazaarvoice’s culture and tenets
Skills and Experience Necessary for the Role
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable distinction
- Authorization to work in the United States, and must be resident of TX, CO, FL, GA, IN, KS, LA, NC, NJ, NM, OH, PA, or VA
- Ability to work 16-29 hours per week. Must have 16 set hours each week (4 of those set hours must be between Friday at 4PM CST and 11PM on Sundays). These 16 hours are set and do not change from week to week. Up to an additional 13 hours can be worked anytime during the week (Monday to Sunday) to reach the maximum of 29 hours per week.
- Professional working proficiency in English and native-level proficiency in Finnish, Danish, Norwegian, or Swedish
- Possess a computer with up-to-date software and Chrome
- Be available and ready to begin working at needed time.
- Proficiency with e-mail applications, online messaging services and forums, and Web applications, including Firefox
- Proficiency with Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Exceptional communication skills
- The ability to adapt to our and our clients’ changing business needs
- The capability to quickly assess content for suitability based on established guidelines and codes
- The capacity to accurately apply all appropriate codes to received content
- Display job-related dexterity and situational awareness expected of a mentoring team member
How to apply: Apply via company website.