Title: NMEC Linguist Position
Hiring Company: Atlas Advisors
Company Description: Atlas Advisors, LLC (ATLAS) is a HUBZone, Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) that consistently delivers innovative solutions to address the complex challenges of our global clientele through a focused variety of niche consulting and specialized personnel services.
Location: Virginia, United States
Industry: Language Services
Job Type: Contract
Application Deadline: None Specified
Description: Atlas Advisors, LLC (ATLAS) is looking for a qualified linguists with the physical and mental capacity to function in a high operational tempo and in crisis situations supporting the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC) in Northern Virginia which provides linguist translation and transcription, media and document exploitation, and related intelligence operations support services.
- US Military post-9/11 service period honorably discharged veterans are strongly recommended to apply.
- Qualified applicants require SECRET access or higher
- Score at minimum level 3/3 (Reading/Listening) as measured by the Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT), the US State Department’s language test for the Target Language, or a certified equivalent (e.g. ALTA)
- Capable of achieving a computer-based score of 213 as measured by the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or score at the 9th grade level as measured by the US State Department’s test of English.
- Ability to conduct and prepare accurate written gists, translations, and/or transcriptions, of general and technical material, consisting of hand or type written, audio, and/or video language material and documents in hard copy and electronic formats, using correct syntax and expression from and to the specific foreign language and in English, in a manner that maintains the integrity and meaning of the material.
- Ability to write and speak in clear and concise grammar and pronunciation in the specific foreign language and in English at levels equivalent to the target material or at the minimum required level as noted in 5.2 above.
- Ability to quickly scan and process a large amount of material, utilizing the specific foreign language, for critical and essential elements of information; as defined by the NMEC.
- Ability to provide input to media exploitation team members in the production of written reports developed from target material utilizing the specific foreign language, such as provide a gist (summarization of key points), summary, transcript or written translation of the material;
- Possess technical automated information system skills, such as word processing and data entry, to be used in conjunction with written translations, the ability to use advanced language software programs, and the ability to participate in forensic processing.
- Ability to successfully complete a CI polygraph examination
- Qualified linguists with previous analytical experience.
- Personnel with multiple language capabilities.
- Current SECRET with NATO access and/or TS/SCI or higher
- Prior US military or intelligence backgrounds
- Advanced degrees in Engineering, Computer Science, Chemistry, Physics, Legal, Medical, and Banking and Finance
Language Requirement: Norwegian and many more.
How to apply: Apply via job posting site.