Title: Norwegian Instructor
Hiring Company: SSI Group
Company Description: The SSI Group, Inc. is a national, diversified information technology company established in 1988.
Application Link: https://groupssi.applicantpro.com/jobs/440545-79184.html
Location: Alexandria, VA
Job Type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: None Specified
Description: Mid Atlantic Professionals, Inc. DBA / SSI is seeking Norwegian Language Instructors to support DLI customers.
- Provide group and one-on-one language / cultural intensive student-centered training for adult professionals
- Prepare class schedules, tests, and materials as needed
- The instructor will teach listening, reading, writing, and speaking skills, as well as geopolitical, economic and social issues, in an immersion based environment
- The instructor must understand technology and be able to integrate technology in the classroom and in homework assignments
- The instructor should employ internal and external resources to help students achieve their learning objectives
- The instructor is expected to stay abreast of current foreign language teaching theories and methods
- Applicants must be educated, native speakers of the target language
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in, preferably, second language teaching or related field
- Documentation from a private US credentialing evaluation service for foreign degrees
- Minimum of four years’ experience teaching target language to adult learners in an intensive, proficiency-oriented environment
- Experience developing language instructional materials and curricula
- Experience integrating instructional technology and social media in classroom
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proof of eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship
- Willingness to undergo a background investigation
How to apply: Apply via company job portal.