Title: Senior Editor/Music Programmer
Hiring Company: Spotify
Company Description: All your music is here. Spotify gives you millions of songs at your fingertips. The artists you love, the latest hits, and new discoveries just for you. Hit play to stream anything you like. Listen free. On mobile, you can listen to artists, albums and playlists in shuffle mode. Or choose a ready-made playlist to suit your mood. On tablet and computer, you can play any song, any time.
Application Link: https://app.jobvite.com/CompanyJobs/Careers.aspx?c=qV49VfwN&j=ocPv3fwj&nl=1&page=Job+Description&s=LINKEDIN&?&s=LinkedInJobWrapp
Location: Oslo, Norway or Stockholm, Sweden
Industry: Computer Software
Job Type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: None listed (Posted 8/17/2016)
We are looking for a Senior Editor, Content Programming for Norway, based in either Stockholm or Oslo.
You will identify and execute first-rate music playlist listening – and programming experiences for a multitude of moods, moments, and genres, demonstrate a passion for performance-oriented analytics, and will have your ear to the ground in the music community, focusing on Norway.
What you’ll do
- Be the editorial voice of Spotify Norway and manage the daily programming and curation strategy.
- Work with Global and Regional Programming Teams as well as other cross-functional teams to progress towards various content objectives.
- Facilitate music meetings with relevant labels, artist managers and rights holders.
- Curate and maintain a substantial number of varied playlists and stay on top of new music programming including Spotify’s New Music Friday playlist.
- Analyze analytics and performance indicators of your own work.
- Work from our offices in Stockholm and/or Oslo.
- 3 or more years of experience from the music industry, ideally programming music for radio, media networks or music services, working with a broad range of music content. Alternatively, you may have a background in creative roles on the label- or publisher side.
- You have a deep knowledge of music and culture, with a focus on Norway and it’s music marketplace.
- You possess a perfect level of written and spoken Norwegian and English and you’re also able to demonstrate a strong understanding of – and experience with – Spotify as a user and fan.
- You are also able to lean on a good reputation and a strong network within the Norwegian music industry.
- You care about attention to detail and organization, have a team spirit, strong work ethic, and a friendly, warm attitude… we are a very close-knit family!
- You have a story that demonstrates your passion for music that you can tell us about!
- Additional language skills and experience from working in Photoshop are welcome merits but not requirements.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
How to apply: Apply via company job portal.