Title: Content Editor
Hiring Company: Adecco
Company Description: None Provided
Application Link: https://www.adeccousa.com/jobs/content-editor-baltimore-maryland/?ID=US_EN_1_025237_11336785&jobid=US_EN_1_025237_11336785&utm_source=webseite&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed.com
Location: Baltimore, MD, United States
Industry: None Specified
Job Type: Full-Time
Description: The Editor is responsible for ensuring the currency and completeness of an assigned set of electronic or other formatted content. Specifically, the Editor is responsible for updating and formatting a portion of the Funding Opportunities database by abstracting and collecting metadata from academic and technical documents for online retrieval.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies source materials for product coverage based on criteria and allocated budget
- Researches, reviews and monitors a variety of sources including print, electronic, websites and individual contacts
- Enters data in content management system that may include text formatting, metadata, subject terms, topic indexing, abstracting, web linking, and other editorial enrichment
- Understands and utilizes customer data and market trends in determining value-add needed to maintain customer base and attain market-based objectives
- Performs document control, end of production cycle completeness and accuracy tasks as assigned
- Performs administrative tasks as needed to organize and track records
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned ¿ Actively participates in departmental meetings and discussions.
- Participates in professional development activities as needed.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience with familiarity in reading academic and technical text
- Prefer at least 2 years’ related editorial experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent researching and problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and order data
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to maintain and develop good business relationships
- Ability to interact effectively with outside contacts
- Ability to detail and synthesize information rapidly; ability to manage and meet multiple and frequent deadlines
- Ability maintain focus and concentration while working at the computer for long periods of time
- Excellent technical skills, with ability to deftly enter and manipulate data, and learn software and database programs; strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent grammar, punctuation and writing skills, and an ability to express ideas clearly and logically
- Capacity to learn and master new technology and knowledge of new research environments
Ancillary Qualifications: Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
- Graduate coursework or equivalent experience in Publishing, Business, Library/Information Science, Customer Service
- At least one year of working experience with databases (i.e., Microsoft Access or other relational database application)
- Publishing knowledge and knowledge of ProQuest’s products
- Experience with creation, coordination, and maintenance of taxonomies
- Experience in library, classroom or education-related market
- Understanding of delivery methods for electronic content (FTP, Web, RSS, Email, etc.) and various media storage methods and devices
- Understanding of data formats for electronic content (TIFF, JPEG, GIF, PDF, HTML, SGML, XML, ASCII, MARC)
- Knowledge of searching protocol in a library or research environment
- Fluency in languages other than English, especially Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, and Portuguese (reading/writing)
How to apply: Apply via job posting site.