Title: Research Scientist
Hiring Company: Yara International
Company Description: Yara’s knowledge, products and solutions grow farmers’, distributors’ and industrial customers’ businesses profitably and responsibly, while nurturing and protecting the earth’s resources, food and environment. Our fertilizers, crop nutrition programs, and technologies increase yields, improve product quality, and reduce the environmental impact of agricultural practices. Our industrial and environmental solutions improve air quality by reducing emissions from industry and transportation and serve as key ingredients in the production of a wide range of goods. We foster a culture that promotes the safety of our employees, contractors, and societies. Founded in 1905 to solve an impending famine in Europe, today Yara has a worldwide presence, with more than 12,000 employees and sales to more than 150 countries.
Location: Porsgrunn, Telemark, Norway
Industry: Chemicals, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, and Oil & Energy
Job Type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: October 4, 2016
YTC consists of eight research departments with a total of 84 employees. We perform process R&D as well as manufacturing support to existing fertilizer production. The departments also operate pilot plants and laboratory facilities.
The Speciality Nitrates Technology department has a team of 12 employees. A major part if of its activity is product development. In addition the department gives advisory service and assists markets in solving agronomical and technical problems.
You will report to the Head of Speciality Nitrates Technology.
- Develop and modify fertilizers and technical products according to Yara HESQ standards
- Project Management
- Scientific reporting and presenting of results
- Support implementation of new products and do troubleshooting
- MSc/PhD in inorganic or physical chemistry
- Min. 2 years relevant experience
- Experience from laboratory or pilot plant work
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders at different levels, nationalities and disciplines
- Ability to prioritize and deliver according to tight deadlines
- Fluent in English
HR Business Partner
Head of Speciality Nitrates Technology
How to apply: Apply via company job portal.