Title: Norwegian Language Specialist
Hiring Company: Booking.com
Company Description: Booking.com B.V., part of the Priceline Group (Nasdaq: PCLN), owns and operates Booking.com, the world leader in booking accommodation online. Each day, over 1,100,000 room nights are reserved on Booking.com. The Booking.com website and apps attract visitors from both the leisure and business sectors worldwide.
Established in 1996, Booking.com B.V. guarantees the best prices for every type of property, from small, family-run bed and breakfasts to executive apartments and five-star luxury suites. Self-catered properties are also specifically a focus of Villas.com, a sister site recently launched by Booking.com. Truly international, Booking.com is available in more than 40 languages, and offers 1,066,238 active properties in 227 countries and territories.
Location: Oslo, Norway
Industry: Internet services, Media and content production, travel/tourism
Job Type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: None listed (Posted 11/10/2016)
For our Translation & Content Agency, we are currently looking for a Norwegian Language Specialist to join our Norwegian language team. In this role you will be responsible for managing the quality of the Norwegian version of the Booking.com products (website, apps, newsletter etc.). Besides being passionate about language and translations, as a Language Specialist you have a strong commercial feel which helps you to maintain and continuously improve the quality of the website. You take action accordingly in order to provide our customers with a product at the highest standard of quality.
- Provide commercial and creative translations from English into Norwegian for website copy and promotional materials, including newsletters, to appeal to the Norwegian market;
- Maintain the quality of the Norwegian version of Booking.com, including conducting website checks and maintaining language specific tools, such as glossaries and style guides;
- Assist with localization projects in cooperation with other language teams and departments, such as language-based research and data collection and analysis designed to optimize the effectiveness of the website and the service offered to Norwegian customers;
- Freelance management and support, such as evaluating the quality of translations for candidates, quality monitoring of the freelance translations, providing freelancers with consistent feedback.We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonus. We also offer what is called the «Booking Deal» with competitive benefits. Most importantly, we offer a very dynamic, vibrant, international environment where new ideas are embraced and new information is valued.
Qualifications And Professional Knowledge
- Higher education in a relevant field;
- Excellent Norwegian and English speaker and writer;
- Experience in translating and/or writing commercial texts;
- Experience in producing localized website content;
- Strong customer focus;
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with computer assisted translations tools;
- Flexibility, accuracy, strong analytical skills and ability to multi-task;
- Pro-active and initiative both independently and in a team;
- Positive attitude;
- Experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry;
- You already have a valid work permit to work in Norway.
How to apply: Apply via company job portal.